InsideFood Message Board
Sign up Calendar
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
FoodSvcDisruptor

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #1 
Can sales reps and managers suggest ideas for a successful account penetration promo? Is it best to give incentives to the rep or customer? Thanks
__________________
FSD
0
broadliner

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member III
Registered:
Posts: 752
Reply with quote  #2 
The one that's usually pitched to new customers is a credit for the average of twelve weeks delivery. Buy for twelve weeks and the thirteenth is free. My company defines a new customer as one who hasn't purchased for six months. 

Our sales reps are paid 30% commission for a year on new customers.


0
Hussey kevin

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #3 

One regular account penetration technique is to create value alterations. By bringing down costs, the production plans to produce more deals volume by expanding the quantity of units obtained and Do My Essay For Me to make costs all the more speaking to shoppers when contrasted with the opposition

0
northernms

Senior Member I
Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #4 
How bout an incentive for both? When French's did a free case plus $ off/case rebate for their ketchup plus a spiff for reps I killed it. That was a year ago... and still most of my customers have French's on the table. 

New business should always be incentivized. 
0
Retired

Member
Registered:
Posts: 33
Reply with quote  #5 
WTF was that and what country did it come from?
0
huckster

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 18
Reply with quote  #6 
I have never seen the 12 week with one free ever work well or even make the distance. That is mostly used by new sales people without a clue.

How about just showing what value you and your company would have for the customer. This is the longer and harder way but it works and you would have a lifelong customer.

Talk about what is trending and show new items that make sense to the customer while slowly taking regular items from the competition.
0
MagicChef

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #7 
Here's what works for me...

We all get our stuff for roughly the same cost, it all depends on who you want to see every week. I'm a great guy with lots of stories. I have been called 1/2 man - 1/2 amazing.

Well... it works for me LOL ?
0
northernms

Senior Member I
Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #8 
MagicChef.... are you saying you just need a friend? LOL
0
Retiredfoodpro

Member
Registered:
Posts: 74
Reply with quote  #9 
New accounts and account penetration is the job description and a requirement of employment in most cases. Incentive? How about it's your JOB now go do it and increase your drop sizes. If a company needs to give a cookie to a sales rep to perform their job then maybe that sales rep should look for another career.
0
MagicChef

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #10 
Northernms, who couldn't use a few more friends, right ?

Sysco had a local promo with the customers 13th week for free. They hit a ton of my accounts and got shut down every time. If the customer had been in business for awhile, they know that they are happy and they don't look elsewhere.

I love contests and promos that our company offers but, I am lucky enough to have a company that doesn't micromanage. Yes we all have reviews but, we don't have to relay a synopsis of what we do daily, it's in our sales figures. I am lucky enough to be at the point that I genuinely like my customers and the ones I don't, no matter the profit I make off of them, I hand off. I would rather take a less profitable customer I like then, one I make more on but don't. I want to live as stress free life as possible.

Great company, no micromanagement, salespeople work hard and make money - who'd have thought.
0
northernms

Senior Member I
Registered:
Posts: 222
Reply with quote  #11 
MagicChef... yeah a majority of the street business is a popularity contest! That's why I don't get the Sysco arrogance? Maybe it's just in my area. Or maybe it's just a "man thing" [wink] but people don't like it!
0
solands23

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussey kevin

One regular account penetration technique is to create value alterations. By bringing down costs, the production plans to produce more deals volume by expanding the quantity of units obtained and Do My Essay For Me to make costs all the more speaking to shoppers when contrasted with the opposition



There are different promotional ideas that you can use whenever you try to advertise your products.  You can seek the help of the experts or do it yourself.  Just be creative and use the tips posted at Essay tiger and from there you can start your own account penetration campaign.


0
Gavin

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #13 
If you need any property related information site visit my site spanaway property managers. It is best site for property information. Keep posting again. 
0
commoditiesguy

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #14 
I finally had to have the heart-to-heart my boss (who happens to be a part-owner of the company) about the whole "What's with not opening new accounts lately?"

I told this person point-blank that the last 5 I opened were nothing but horror shows with out-of-stocks, late trucks, no-show trucks, frozen didn't get on the truck, the list goes on and on and on....

They told me that if I didn't find some new accounts willing to place orders, I would be put on notice.

I told them that was fine, that my reputation in this business was worth more than she could possibly threaten me with.  So either get the problems fixed - or they wouldn't have to put me on notice.  Because I wouldn't be around to threaten anymore.

Happy New Year!
0
broadliner

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member III
Registered:
Posts: 752
Reply with quote  #15 
Sounds a little like US Foods. There are some problems that sales reps can't solve. Any kind of sales incentive is meaningless if you can't deliver orders complete and on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commoditiesguy
I finally had to have the heart-to-heart my boss (who happens to be a part-owner of the company) about the whole "What's with not opening new accounts lately?"

I told this person point-blank that the last 5 I opened were nothing but horror shows with out-of-stocks, late trucks, no-show trucks, frozen didn't get on the truck, the list goes on and on and on....

They told me that if I didn't find some new accounts willing to place orders, I would be put on notice.

I told them that was fine, that my reputation in this business was worth more than she could possibly threaten me with.  So either get the problems fixed - or they wouldn't have to put me on notice.  Because I wouldn't be around to threaten anymore.

Happy New Year!
0
DENFOODIE

Member
Registered:
Posts: 26
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadliner
Sounds a little like US Foods. There are some problems that sales reps can't solve. Any kind of sales incentive is meaningless if you can't deliver orders complete and on time.



This.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.