InsideFood Message Board
Sign up Calendar
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #1 
Heard they were acquiring several small regional distributors. Any news?
0
SoCalFoodDude

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member II
Registered:
Posts: 463
Reply with quote  #2 
I love your user name. I can relate. I just retired after 40 years.
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFoodDude
I love your user name. I can relate. I just retired after 40 years.
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks. Getting too tired of the BS. Used to be a fun job. Not anymore
0
elcocinar

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #5 
I also agree that this is not fun anymore. I just had a conversation with a colleague, we've both been in food service about 30 years and his question was "why are there so many unhappy people in this business"?
My guess is that selling product is now second or third on our "to do list" everyday.
0
Sidney

Member
Registered:
Posts: 99
Reply with quote  #6 
I think its the impersonal aspect of getting guidance from a laptop instead of exploring on your own, used to be we made our on plans and now we are directed by AI and asked to check off the box. How exhilarating! Like a test monkey, pick the right button and get the treat.
__________________
Sidney
0
FSVET

Avatar / Picture

FS God....FIRST InsideFood Poster
Registered:
Posts: 815
Reply with quote  #7 
I objected to having to fill out Salesforce every day like I was some rookie just out on the street. The main reason to get on commission was that management left you alone. Now with CRM everybody gets to put their two cents into what you're doing. Goodbye, individuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney
I think its the impersonal aspect of getting guidance from a laptop instead of exploring on your own, used to be we made our on plans and now we are directed by AI and asked to check off the box. How exhilarating! Like a test monkey, pick the right button and get the treat.

__________________
The problem with your gene pool, is that there is no lifeguard.
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,308
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSVET
I objected to having to fill out Salesforce every day like I was some rookie just out on the street. The main reason to get on commission was that management left you alone. Now with CRM everybody gets to put their two cents into what you're doing. Goodbye, individuality.



It's funny how they all want to watch you and then stick their nose in your business. If they want to know what you're doing they should get a job and then it would all become self evident. But these guys have never worked for a living and therefore "working" is foreign to them "what are you doing.......where are you ?"
0
Slings_Cabbage

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #9 
Manager told me on Monday that any accounts I didn't "manage" via Salesforce were going to be "taken" from me.  The job isn't fun anymore.  Not sure I can do this for another 10 years.  


__________________
Gotta Sling it to Make it!
0
Sidney

Member
Registered:
Posts: 99
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slings_Cabbage
Manager told me on Monday that any accounts I didn't "manage" via Salesforce were going to be "taken" from me.  The job isn't fun anymore.  Not sure I can do this for another 10 years.  


Nursery School sales force, dont forget your cookies and juice.

__________________
Sidney
0
Eyes Wide Open

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #11 
Slings cabbage--I feel for you! & all the folks that have worked hard for 15-20-25 years selling food only to have the industry change so drastically and so quickly.  Daily I weigh the devil I know against the pros & cons of making a change to doing something else. What's your reason for staying?
0
brokerexpert

Member
Registered:
Posts: 50
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes Wide Open
Slings cabbage--I feel for you! & all the folks that have worked hard for 15-20-25 years selling food only to have the industry change so drastically and so quickly.  Daily I weigh the devil I know against the pros & cons of making a change to doing something else. What's your reason for staying?


The consolidation and reduction of independents changed the business forever. The manufacturers have been doing the same things to the brokers for many years. Reducing commissions, deducting promotional and marketing monies from the gross sales. Asking for more reports and more calls. Sales professionals don't need managers just incentives to make more money.
0
broadliner

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member III
Registered:
Posts: 745
Reply with quote  #13 
Getting back to original topic, who has Ferraro Foods acquired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisfortoolong
Heard they were acquiring several small regional distributors. Any news?
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #14 
Heard today that Ferraro Foods acquired a small regional Italian distributor in the Philly market.
0
Ontheverge

Member
Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #15 
Supposedly Savona.
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheverge
Supposedly Savona.
yes it’s confirmed Ferraro Foods did acquire Savona Stavola. I wonder how this will affect the pizza business in Philly and South Jersey?
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.