InsideFood Message Board
Register Calendar
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
commoditiesguy

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Commoditiesguy - You're right, some of his stuff is entertaining at best, but he does tend to become a little more angrier these days. Using the example of your wife and daughter, just destroys all of his credibility. He remind's me of those Angry 25 year old's that like to go back and forth with anyone on a blog lol. To think the buying groups are giving Sysco and US Food Kickbacks, The Brokers are giving Sysco and US Food Kickbacks, LOL Everyone is giving Kickbacks. I guess DOT Foods is giving them Kickbacks as well?? I assume only us Manufactures are the last ones to just pay on what is actually sold?? Or do we?? LOL


I would say his reply to me made my point better than I ever could.

And your point is spot-on.  For instance, he never attacks any restaurants or "end-users" for taking bonus bucks, or Points-of-Focus (does USF even have that program anymore?) or any other customer "spiffs" that are offered by a distributor or manufacturer.  But somehow, based on all that logic he uses, those should be considered "kick-backs", right?

Anyway, Happy New Year Mr. Beach, and hopefully we'll all enjoy another fun year on Foodservice Rumors.  Maybe 2018 will bring some answers from our friend; instead of venom, vitriol, and deflection.
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by commoditiesguy


I would say his reply to me made my point better than I ever could.

And your point is spot-on.  For instance, he never attacks any restaurants or "end-users" for taking bonus bucks, or Points-of-Focus (does USF even have that program anymore?) or any other customer "spiffs" that are offered by a distributor or manufacturer.  But somehow, based on all that logic he uses, those should be considered "kick-backs", right?

Anyway, Happy New Year Mr. Beach, and hopefully we'll all enjoy another fun year on Foodservice Rumors.  Maybe 2018 will bring some answers from our friend; instead of venom, vitriol, and deflection.


You claim my response made "your point" better than you could. Well I was attacking your point genius, so once again you can't keep up with the debate. Let me write it again "If you put your wife and/or daughter on the street to make money is it a legitimate form of business because it makes money"? 

Now call that venom, vitriol and deflection, but by all means avoid providing an answer.






1
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Commoditiesguy - You're right, some of his stuff is entertaining at best, but he does tend to become a little more angrier these days. Using the example of your wife and daughter, just destroys all of his credibility. He remind's me of those Angry 25 year old's that like to go back and forth with anyone on a blog lol. To think the buying groups are giving Sysco and US Food Kickbacks, The Brokers are giving Sysco and US Food Kickbacks, LOL Everyone is giving Kickbacks. I guess DOT Foods is giving them Kickbacks as well?? I assume only us Manufactures are the last ones to just pay on what is actually sold?? Or do we?? LOL


Angrier these days? -- funny I haven't posted much of anything until you begged me. 

Love this
"To think buying groups are giving kickbacks, brokers are giving kick backs...." 

You're a damn genius. 

1
atiboy15

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 147
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investigator


You wrote in your first post on the subject "once they realize", which to me means the buying groups "are ignorant" of the upcharges, correct? So how did I miss your point? I say buying groups are "extensions" of the big food distributors and are enriching themselves through the same method of "inflating" prices and skimming the difference that Sysco and US Foods engage in. Without these buying groups a Sysco and US Foods would have a monster of a time "corralling" all the long term healthcare, hospitals under one roof. So the buying groups eliminate competition and allow all the participants to "rape" the system. 

Look at the recent takeover of Avendra by Aramark. In 2016 the Justice Department nixed the Sysco takeover of US Foods and a year later you have a Sysco partner Aramark takeover one of US Foods largest accounts, so the shift in business has begun in defiance of the Justice Departments ruling. Next up we'll see Sodexo take over Premiere, eh? 

It's the same thing with food brokers, they consolidated them into 3 large players so that they could receive "kick backs" from these 3 companies, which is easier than having each OpCo chase down local broker organizations for "cash". In fact some local brokers might balk at paying out money, so they've eliminated that problem while at the same time pooling a huge income stream from which they can tap into.
You do your homework Investigator. Great narrative!
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Investigators conspiracy theories do make for entertaining reading!



Here ya go Sonofabeach-- a new post came in and the poster was wondering what happened to one of his co workers. He writes "I heard he started a GPO but it was shut down by USF Corporate".

Wake up genius, isn't this some proof that GPO's are simply another layer placed there to suck up more back side cash?

https://insidefood.forumchitchat.com/post/us-foods-san-diego-9495097?trail=#7


0
SonofAbeach

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #22 
Really?? You are going to use an anonymous persons post on an un-named GPO with absolutely no facts to warrant this information? OK!
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Really?? You are going to use an anonymous persons post on an un-named GPO with absolutely no facts to warrant this information? OK!


Aren't you posting anonymously ? And are you not the dumb Sonofabeach that claimed the GPO's are simply unaware of the up-charged inflated costs being passed through their system?
0
SonofAbeach

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #24 
Yes and that is my opinion not fact! You throw $hit out here acting like you are the Lord of Foodservice or something accusing everyone of Conspiracy, and all of our opinions are all wrong. That comment you used for an example proves nothing at all. 
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Yes and that is my opinion not fact! You throw $hit out here acting like you are the Lord of Foodservice or something accusing everyone of Conspiracy, and all of our opinions are all wrong. That comment you used for an example proves nothing at all. 


So you admit "you don't know" and yet you threw that $hit comment out as if it were true. You now realize how stupid your comment was; so you can thank me for helping you increase your IQ a point or two.

The comment I copied for you had nothing to do with GPO's. The comment had to do with a person of interest at USF and his latest project. It carries far more weight than some knob like you who really believes billion dollar purchasing organizations are "unaware" of hidden cost being added to the product and services they "contract" for on behalf of their members. 

And I do not accuse everyone of conspiracy. I simply believe that people (not you of course) can think, they can plan, and they can execute their plans. If there is more than one person thinking, planning and executing their plan, that's called "conspiracy". Given that fact then how many conspiracies happen every day just to keep society going?
PS- you come across as an angry teenager. 



 


0
SonofAbeach

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #26 
Oh my Gosh, every time someone hits a nerve with you its back to the High School name calling - Dumb, Stupid, etc. LOL you do entertain us. 
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
Oh my Gosh, every time someone hits a nerve with you its back to the High School name calling - Dumb, Stupid, etc. LOL you do entertain us. 


What nerve do you think you hit? Here's my take-- you're attempting to divert attention away from the topic because you have no rational argument to offer in your defense.

That's my guess. 
0
SonofAbeach

Member
Registered:
Posts: 82
Reply with quote  #28 
My Defense against what? You have an opinion I have mine the world still spins and at the end of the day nothing has changed LOL. Now you may have your last word that you do so much have to have, I will not be replying to you anymore about this.
0
Investigator

Avatar / Picture

Prophet/Sage
Registered:
Posts: 1,286
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofAbeach
My Defense against what? You have an opinion I have mine the world still spins and at the end of the day nothing has changed LOL. Now you may have your last word that you do so much have to have, I will not be replying to you anymore about this.


Well this Y2002 case may help improve your "opinion"

he lawsuit, which was unsealed in U.S. District Court in Delaware Thursday, was first filed in April and offers a glimpse of the increasing tension between hotel owners and management chains amid a slowdown in the U.S. travel industry, the Wall Street Journal reported.

 

 graphic
graphic 
http://www.savethis.com" alt="Save a link to this article and return to it at http://www.savethis.com" src="http://m.a.cnn.net/money/images/clickability/000099/v-s-icon-l.gif" class="bbc_img" />Save a link to this article and return to it at <a href=http://www.savethis.com" title="Save a link to this article and return to it at http://www.savethis.com" src="http://m.a.cnn.net/money/images/clickability/000099/v-s-text-l.gif" class="bbc_img" />
Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
 graphic
graphic

Hong-Kong-based CTF Hotel Holdings Inc. alleges that Marriott (MAR: down $1.24 to $41.49, Research, Estimates) and Avendra LLC, a hotel-purchasing operation Marriott and four other hotels created, breached fiduciary duty and engaged in racketeering and commercial bribery. CTF is seeking a jury trial and unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.

CTF alleges in the lawsuit that Marriott was "secretly soliciting, diverting and fraudulently concealing kickbacks from Molloy Corp." Molloy is an outside contractor Marriott hired to supply hotels with audiovisual services. CTF claims Molloy charged three times its actual invoices and that Marriott pocketed two-thirds of those fees, at least $1.7 million, instead of passing it on to the hotel owners. Marriott eventually reimbursed CTF, the paper reported.

Additionally, CTF alleges that Marriott, as a founding member of Avendra, solicited possibly millions of dollars in commercial bribes from hotel vendors. In exchange, Avendra and Marriott agreed to use those vendors' services. The kickbacks were hidden from the owners and kept by Marriott.

Marriott called the suit inflammatory, adding that it did not do anything without CTF's knowledge, the paper said.

CTF said Marriott allowed Avendra to take a markup on goods purchased, such as linens, china, cleaning supplies and food and beverages, from hotel vendors. Marriott then allegedly retained some of the markup, and the vendors were guaranteed access to the hotels and the ability to market goods and merchandise.

CTF claims such practices restrict its vendor choices and force it to pay higher prices for goods. The payments violate the Robinson-Patman Act, "causing CTF competitive injury," the suit sa

0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.