InsideFood Message Board
Sign up Calendar
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
sammybull

Newbie
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #1 
News out that US buffalo is in rough shape,  anyone else here anything to that rumor?
0
FSVET

Avatar / Picture

FS God....FIRST InsideFood Poster
Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #2 
I think a lot of US divisions are having a tough time. 
__________________
The problem with your gene pool, is that there is no lifeguard.
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #3 
Giving away items on invoices doesn’t help. The pricing I see is ridiculous. 5-15% below what my company buys it for. US reps still don’t know how to make a living
0
FSVET

Avatar / Picture

FS God....FIRST InsideFood Poster
Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome to the new world of salary plus. As long as your cases and EB are up, management evidently has no problem giving massive deviations to buy the business. They can fix their Cookbook later.

Not like the old days (before July 1st) when you could wheel and deal and make a decent living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisfortoolong
Giving away items on invoices doesn’t help. The pricing I see is ridiculous. 5-15% below what my company buys it for. US reps still don’t know how to make a living

__________________
The problem with your gene pool, is that there is no lifeguard.
0
doingthisfortoolong

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSVET
Welcome to the new world of salary plus. As long as your cases and EB are up, management evidently has no problem giving massive deviations to buy the business. They can fix their Cookbook later.

Not like the old days (before July 1st) when you could wheel and deal and make a decent living.



I get that but that cannot go on like that for too long. The have a P&L to and answer to. At some point they’ll have to raise pricing or go out of business
0
new to sales

Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #6 
Who is the president of buffalo?
0
Sidney

Member
Registered:
Posts: 91
Reply with quote  #7 
Just wait until the 3rd quarter results are reported to the SEC, the leakage in profits and sales will continue and stock will drop another 15%

The US Salesforce is completely frustrated, unhappy and looking for the exits. DSM's are up to their neck in chasing Sous trying to get TM's logging comments while cases fall to the competition, 

__________________
Sidney
0
FSVET

Avatar / Picture

FS God....FIRST InsideFood Poster
Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #8 
KKR and CD&R are laughing all the way to the bank. Pietro and the brain trust in Rosemont have lost sight of the fact the we are a FOOD DISTRIBUTION COMPANY. Most customers don't care about VAS. They want their orders delivered complete, on time and at a fair price.

The new pay plan has sucked all the oxygen out of the sales force. This job ceased being fun years ago, but paying salary plus "bonus" has destroyed whatever motivation was left.

Sous doesn't help anyone do a better job. I would say 60% or more entries are BS to keep DSMs and RVPs happy.

Once all the old reps are gone there will be no one around to show the new people how to really sell.

Too bad. This used to be a great company and a fun business.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney
Just wait until the 3rd quarter results are reported to the SEC, the leakage in profits and sales will continue and stock will drop another 15%

The US Salesforce is completely frustrated, unhappy and looking for the exits. DSM's are up to their neck in chasing Sous trying to get TM's logging comments while cases fall to the competition, 

__________________
The problem with your gene pool, is that there is no lifeguard.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.